Monday, December 29, 2014

Guzman Y Gomez, Westfield Bondi Junction

Assalamualaikum! So for this post it will be a little different than the previous posts because we are going to review about a restaurant instead of a coffee shop. Guzman Y Gomez serves Mexican food and is actually a well-known franchise, so it has a large number of branches around Australia, even in Sydney specifically. We chose to go to the Bondi Junction's branch because I think the restaurant is bigger and prettier.








The way of ordering is kind of like a fast food place; we have to line up at the counter and make our orders then they give us number to go and wait at our seats. I chose the seat next to the big glass window where I can see a great view of the city, but unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of it :( Anyways, we went there for lunch so there was a lunch deal at the time where we can choose a meal with variable prices and get a $1 soft drink that comes with it. Basically, there's a list of fillings you can choose from; chicken and beef assorted, and then you can choose what you want the filling in; nachos, quesadillas, burrito etc. I read from somewhere in the internet that Guzman Y Gomez is halal, so just to make sure I tried calling them but it went straight to the operating system for ordering on the phone. Even the website didn't provide information about the meat. So I had to ask when I was actually there and one of the employee told me that only the chicken is halal. So we can only order chicken.

I ordered the Chicken Guerrero Quesadillas lunch deal with Pepsi. This one is not spicy (Cause I can't stand spiciness). Mine was the cheapest and that's probably because the portion was small; I had two pieces of quesadillas that I think most people would not be full if they ate that, but it was enough for me.


Quesadillas Lunch Deal for $9.50 (with 1 soft drink)

Mun ordered the Chicken Guerrero Burrito with apple juice and a side of nachos with dips. There was rice and black beans in the burrito which was something we didn't fancy (but maybe you lot do!). The portion was larger than the quesadillas. The dips was the best thing I had here, it was guacamole and before this usually I didn't like guacamole because I'm not a fan of avocado but this is the best guacamole I've ever tasted in my life!

Burrito for $10.90 and Apple Juice (not in photo) for $3

Nachos and dips (best guacamole everrr!) for $5

We had another friend with us today, Syafiq and he ordered the Spicy Chicken Guerrero Enchiladas lunch deal with Mountain Dew. It was basically the same thing we had but it was served in a box and it had nachos. The portion is the biggest compared to the burrito and the quesadillas.

Spicy Chicken Guerrero Enchiladas for  $12.50 (with Mountain Dew)

Kids' Activity Sheet


Ameng playing Foosball

Generally I think it's a great restaurant especially for families to spend time as the ambiance is suitable. The restaurant was at the top floor so it was fairly quiet. The food was delicious and affordable. I definitely will come again if I have a craving for guacamole :D 







3 comments:

  1. Cari pasal halal Guzman Y Gomaz tetiba jumpa blog kau. Anyway, dekat uni halal tak? Penah try?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the guzman y gomez at world square shopping centre halal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just want to share couple of facts with you and your readers. The chicken might be halal but do they cook them in a halal environment i.e. do they cook the chicken in the same utensils they use to cook pork and other non halal food? For e.g., some McDonalds outlets are halal certified.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXiOXRtEB2A

    ReplyDelete